Flatbread Pizza with Fresh Tomato Salad
Prep time: 20 minutes.
Cook time: 10 to 15 minutes.
- 1 lb. pizza dough
- 2/3 cup sun-dried tomato spread
- 12 oz. fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 2 cups small red and yellow pear or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh basil
Preheat oven to 450°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Divide dough into 2 equal portions and roll each into a fairly thin oval on a lightly floured board (about 10 x 14-inches). Place on prepared baking sheets and spread a thin layer of sun-dried tomato paste onto each. Top with cheese then bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until crust is golden brown. While pizza bakes, toss together tomatoes, oil, lemon juice and garlic in a medium bowl. Spoon onto cooked pizzas and cut into squares; sprinkle with basil.
Makes 8 main dish or 12 appetizer servings.