Food & Wine Recipes
- Wine Pairing & Suggestions
- Appetizers & Salads
- Dinners & Desserts
- Napa Valley Recipes
- Seasonal Recipes
- Corn Bisque
- Figs with Chevre and Hazelnuts
- Go-To Buffet Menu
- Grilled Shrimp with Orange-Chardonnay Mojo Glaze
- Lemon-Garlic Shrimp
- Mini Maple Turkey Panini with Riesling-Cranberry Relish
- Pinot Noir Pork Bruschetta
- Prosciutto with Grissini
- Riesling-Scented Pear Tartlets with Vanilla Cream
- Roquefort Mousse with Vegetables
- Rosemary-Garlic Beef Bouchette
- Sauteed Winter Vegetables in a Crisp Wanton Cup
- Veal (or Turkey) Polpettes (Meatballs)
- Wine-Inspired Recipes
- View All Recipes
Wine Inspired Recipes
Lemon & Garlic Shrimp
Prep time: 10 minutes.
Cook time: 15 minutes.
For the marinade:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Zest of 2 lemons, grated
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons garlic, very finely minced or pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
To finish the dish:
- 48 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on (about 2 pounds)
- 24 four-inch bamboo skewers, soaked in water for at least 20 minutes
To prepare the shrimp:
Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a small bowl. The marinade can be prepared and refrigerated for up to 24 hours before using.
Combine the marinade with the shrimp in a medium bowl, and toss well to combine. Refrigerate between one and three hours before cooking. To assemble the skewers, place two shrimp on a clean work surface. Place them together in a pinwheel or “yin and yang” shape, with the head end in the center and the tails on the outside. Hold the shrimp in place with one hand while skewering through with the other. Repeat with the remaining shrimp and skewers, then refrigerate for up to six hours before cooking.
To cook the shrimp:
In the oven: Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Space skewers out on two oiled baking sheets and season with salt. Bake 5 to 8 minutes, or until the center is just opaque through. Serve either warm or at room temperature.
On the grill: Preheat gas or charcoal grill. Place a strip of foil over one side of the grill to protect the skewers from burning. Season skewers with salt and grill over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes, or until just opaque through. Serve either warm or at room temperature.
Makes 24 skewers (serves 12).
Pairing Suggestion: Pairs with Mirassou® Monterey County California Chardonnay.