Red Blend Wine Sliders
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 6 to 8 minutes
- 1 lb. lean ground beef (preferably grass fed)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped baby bella mushrooms
- 1/4 cup minced shallots or red onion
- 1/4 cup Mirassou Sunset Red
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup shredded aged Gouda cheese
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 brioche, ciabatta, or other small slider rolls
- 8 thin Roma tomato slices
- 4 strips cooked cherry wood or apple wood smoked bacon, broken into quarters
- Baby arugula leaves
Using your hands, mix beef, mushrooms, shallots, wine, rosemary, Dijon and salt in a medium bowl. Shape into 8 very flat patties. Grill, broil or pan fry for 3 minutes. Turn and top with cheese; cook for 2 minutes more. Serve on lightly toasted rolls with tomato, bacon and arugula.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe tip: Dress arugula with a bit of olive oil and balsamic for extra flavor.
Pairing Suggestion: Pairs with California Red Blend Wine