Spicy Marinated Green Beans with Sauvignon Blanc
Prep time: 15 minutes.
Cook time: 15 minutes.
- 1 1/2 cups white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 to 3 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon whole mustard seed
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 large stalks fresh dill
- 3/4 lb. fresh green beans, ends trimmed
Place all ingredients except green beans in a medium saucepan and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Place green beans in shallow dish and pour boiling marinade over top. Let cool, then place in ziplock bag and refrigerate several hours or until ready to serve, turning bag occasionally.
Makes 12 servings.
Pairing Suggestion: Pairs with California Sauvignon Blanc Wine