Wine and Cheese Pairings
- Baked Brie with nuts is delicious with Chardonnay. The combination of creamy melted cheese will be enhanced with the crisp fruit flavors of the wine.
- Ivory-yellow Swiss cheeses, such as Gruyère, with nutty, full-bodied flavor will be complemented with a smooth Pinot Noir.
- Fresh mozzarella (bocconcini or buffalo mozzarella) is lovely with Merlot. The wine makes the cheese seem richer.
- Sauvignon Blanc pairs well with chèvre (goat cheese). The high acid in the wine matches perfectly with the pungent acidity of the cheese.
- A good aged cheddar is the perfect match for Cabernet Sauvignon. Blue cheese also pairs well with this "king" of wine.
Create three to four festive plates with a variety of cheeses, spiced nuts, fruit, bread and crackers, and place throughout your entertaining area.