Make your summer cookout shine
You've counted down the days to summer and now the moment you’ve been waiting for has arrived: it’s cookout season. Here are our top tips for making all your outdoor gatherings shine.
Burgers on the grill are a classic crowd pleaser. So we like serving something a little unexpected as a side. You can’t beat the brightness of this mango caprese salad. It makes a stylish addition to any table—and it tastes as good as it looks.
With its balance of sweet and savory, the mango caprese salad pairs beautifully with our Chardonnay. Chill a bottle (or more!) and treat your friends and family to a delicious day in the sun or evening under the stars.
We love setting the mood with music, and building a great playlist ahead of time. That way, all you have to do is press play when your company arrives.
Lighting is another key factor. Once the sun goes down, lanterns and string lights make any yard or patio feel festive. Tiki torches are great for adding ambiance too.
We love setting up a buffet so that people can help themselves. Creating stations for food and drinks makes guests feel welcome—and lets you relax, so you can spend more time enjoying the day with your favorite people.
Mango Caprese Salad
Prep Time 15 minutes
- 3 large, ripe mangos, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Snipped fresh basil
- Crusty toasted baguette slices
- Place mango slices on platter, alternating with mozzarella slices.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with basil and serve with baguette slices.
Makes 8 to 10 appetizers